Tip of the week: Resolving ECM starting issues in Oracle WebCenter
Issue: Unable to start ECM service. Even though starting the service ECM_server1 from windows services appears to be working, but in few minutes the service would automatically shuts down. While we continue to analyze the reason, here is a solution to resolve the issue. Just wanted share the solution in case if you are experiencing the same.
- Open a command prompt.
- Navigate to F:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\ECM_domain\bin
- Run “startManagedWebLogic.cmd UCM_server1”
- Monitor messages in command prompt until UCM service shows a status of RUNNING.
- Press Ctrl-C to terminate the service. Answer ‘Y’ when prompted to terminate the batch job.
- Close the command prompt and start the UCM service in Windows Services again.
Thanks to the contributors Dave Sagendorf and Scott St.Laurent