Introducing Concurrent Processing Analyzer
March 27, 2013 Leave a comment
In many instances, to get holistic view of concurrent processing in Oracle E-Business Suite we either use Applications Management Pack (AMP) or run several scripts and analyze the results to determine the health of CP. I guess the wait is finally over. Oracle has come up with Concurrent Processing Analyzer (CPA) for EBS, a solid tool that can give you not only a holistic view of concurrent processing, but also provides recommendations based on best practices that can fit the environment. Interestingly, this is a non-invasive script that can be run in production too.
Concurrent Processing Analyzer benefits are categorized into 4 and they are
- Helps to identify concurrent system setup and configurations
- Analysis and output of concurrent environment
- Identifies and recommends concurrent best practices
- and more importantly regular concurrent maintenance to compare trending.
Some of the benefits that we have realized by taking advantage of this tool are
- Number of eligible records in FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS that can be purged.
- Current list of patches in the system
- Volume of daily concurrent requests
- Request managers with Incorrect Cache size
- Long running reports during core business hours
- Based on current concurrent processing, it helps to identify possible bottlenecks with recommendations to resolve those based on best practices.
Here is a screen shot of the tool
To get comprehensive list of benefits that can be realized by CPA, please refer to MOS note
Concurrent Processing – CP Analyzer for E-Business Suite [ID 1411723.1]
Kudos to ATG proactive support team.